Life and CareerEdit
1999-2011: Early life and career beginnings Edit
Sabrina was born in May 11, 1999 in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Carpenter has two older sisters, Sarah and Shannon, and is the youngest member of the Carpenter family. She made her mark as a child when she placed third place in a singing contest run by the Miley Cyrus website. In 2011, she was cast her first role as Paula, a young rape victim in Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, alongside fellow Disney star Peyton List.
2012-2013: Film experience Edit
In 2011, she was cast in the drama The Unprofessional as a minor character. She was later cast in the Disney movie Gulliver Quinn along with Liv and Maddie star Joey Bragg. In 2013, she was cast as a minor character in Noobz along with Hannah Montana's Moises Arias and How to Build a Better Boy's Matt Shively. Later, in 2013, she was cast as Young Merrin in Horns starring Daniel Radcliffe.
2013: Austin & Ally appearanceEdit
In 2013, Carpenter was cast a guest role as Lucy Gluckman in the Disney Channel series Austin & Ally. She played a young nerd contestant on a music competition show who was insecure of herself, that is until Austin and Ally turn her into a beautiful singer. She later learns to be confident in herself. She only appears in the episode "Moon Weeks and Mentors".
2014-2015: Debut album and Girl Meets WorldEdit
In late 2013, Carpenter was cast as the rebellious Maya Hart in the Disney Channel series Girl Meets World, a spin-off of Boy Meets World. The series debuted on June 27, 2014 after the Disney Channel Original Movie Zapped. She sings the theme song to the show, "Take On the World", with co-star Rowan Blanchard. In April 8, 2014, Carpenter released a four-song EP, Can't Blame a Girl for Trying. A year later, in April 2015, she released her debut album Eyes Wide Open.
2016-present: Second album and change in soundEdit
In February 2016, Carpenter released the single "Smoke and Fire", followed by another single, "On Purpose", in July. On September 3rd, 2016, Carpenter announced her second studio album, EVOLution, and the following day announced that she would be headlining her first tour, the EVOLution Tour, in promotion of the album. Three promotional singles were released in the three weeks leading up to the album, "All We Have Is Love", "Run and Hide", and "Thumbs". The album was released on October 14, 2016, and the tour began the following week. In May of 2017, she went on tour opening for The Vamps in the UK, and collaborated with them and Mike Perry on the single "Hands." She opened in Brazil for Ariana Grande at the end of June 2017 and began her second headlining tour in North America on July 6, 2017. She released the single "Why" on July 7, 2017. On October 13, 2017, Lost Kings released a single called "First Love", which Sabrina was featured on.
- Her favorite flower is rose.
- Her favorite color is yellow.
- Her parents used to call her "bumblebee" to remind her to always stay humble.
- She is allergic to apples and carrots
- Like Maya, Sabrina also had a pet named Ginger, but he was a cat, not a ferret.
- Sarah, her sister, is Sabrina's frequent musical collaborator.
- She was signed to her record label when she was 12.
- She refers to her fanbase as "family".
- Her zodiac sign in Taurus.
- Sabrina and her Girl Meets World costars August Maturo and Corey Fogelmanis played the Darling siblings in Pasadena Playhouse's Peter Pan production, along with Bunk'd's Kevin Quinn as Peter, her love interest.
- She has a dog named Goodwin.
- Her favourite superheros are Hit-Girl (Chlöe Grace Moretz) from the movie Kick-Ass and Deadpool (Ryan Renolds).
- Sabrina has a half-sister named Cayla.
- She wishes to collaborate with Adele or Hozier.